Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

My 10th Marathon: NYC




NYC is an incredible place to visit, to celebrate the beauty and diversity of all 5 buroughs and to meet the warm and exciting people from the city and all around the world.

Mayor Bloomberg told the World Bank Group employees in Washington DC that "the free, global  movement of labor, capital and ideas" was essential to NYC's growth and comeback especially after 9/11.

And today, I got to see the culture and diversity by running through all 5 beautiful buroughs back-to-back.  It was one of the most incredible moments this year, of my life, and it was the greatest marathon I've ever experienced, by far.

New Yorkers love the marathon like they love the Yankees, the Giants and the Jets, and they came out in droves to cheer and holler for all of us, locals or not.

And the band support was incredible -- all 120 of them including the Japanese Taiko drummers and a dance marathon with all the runners dancing to the beat of Y-M-C-A in beautiful Brooklyn.

I didn't get a best time, not even close, as I soaked in the crowd, but I scored a medal -- Bronze for my 10th Marathon.

I'm so glad No. 10 was NY -- Nothing comes close to the appeal.  And if I could only do one marathon, this would be it!

I made many friends here, and yes, I'll surely be back.  In fact, I've already registered for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment